Friday, May 23, 2014

Fantasy Preview: Charlotte 5/25/14

This week, the Sprint Cup Series heads to Charlotte for the longest race of the season, the Coca-Cola 600.  I accidentally forgot to reset my fantasy team for this week, but I think I may have lucked out following the qualifying results.  Read on to see who I picked for this weekend.

Tier A
Clint Bowyer
Bowyer qualified very well, and he ran well last weekend for the All-Star Race.  He won the Sprint Showdown, and I expect his good fortune to continue this weekend.

Bench:
Photo courtesy Jared C. Tilton/Getty Images
Kasey Kahne

Tier B
Brad Keselowski
Keselowski's victory this season came at Las Vegas, which is similar to Charlotte.  I expect Keselowski to run very well this weekend, and he starts second on Sunday night.

Aric Almirola
Almirola was strong during the Sprint Showdown last weekend, but failed to race his way into the All-Star Race.  He has had some very good runs early this season on the 1.5 mile tracks, and I expect that to continue this weekend.

Bench:
Ricky Stenhouse Jr.
Brian Vickers

Tier C
Danica Patrick
Patrick ran extremely well at Kansas two weeks ago, finishing seventh.  She seems to be turning a corner, and she also qualified well for this weekend's race.  I expect her to continue her momentum and pick up at least a Top 15 finish on Sunday.

Bench:
Kyle Larson

My pick to win the Coca-Cola 600: Brad Keselowski
Keselowski will drive this car for Memorial Day Weekend (Photo courtesy Jerry Markland/Getty Images)
Thanks for reading my fantasy preview of the Coca-Cola 600!  Leave a comment below with what drivers you're starting this weekend at Charlotte!

No comments:

Post a Comment