Saturday, September 6, 2014

Fantasy Preview: Richmond 9/6

This Saturday, the Sprint Cup Series heads to Richmond International Raceway to settle the Chase field.  Below are my fantasy picks for the race.

Tier A
Clint Bowyer
Bowyer is always good at Richmond, and he returns to the track still needing a win to get into the Chase.  He returns to the race where he was involved in a scandal last year.  In that race, he spun in the final laps to help get his teammate, Martin Truex Jr., into the Chase.  He will be looking for redemption on Saturday night.

Bench:
Kurt Busch

Tier B:
Ryan Newman

Newman has been strong lately, and he will lock himself into the Chase on Saturday by finishing 41st or better.  With that weight off his back, I could see Newman running up front and contending for a good finish.

Greg Biffle
Biffle is the final driver on the Chase bubble, and he will need to be strong on Saturday.  He will need to finish ahead of Bowyer and Kyle Larson if he wants to get into the Chase on points.  I'd expect him to run well and maybe even contend for the win with his season on the line.

Bench:
Marcos Ambrose
Paul Menard

Tier C:
Austin Dillon
For once, I'm letting my own personal feelings take over instead of my better judgement.  If Dillon wins on Saturday, he'll lock himself into the Chase along with picking up his first career victory.  I would love to see that happen in Dillon's rookie year.  I don't expect him to win the race, but if he has a strong run I want to look like a genius with him on my fantasy team.

Bench:
Danica Patrick

My pick to win the Federated Auto Parts 400...Kevin Harvick
Photo courtesy Jeff Curry/Getty Images


The Federated Auto Parts 400 can be seen on Saturday at 7:30 p.m. EST on ABC as the Chase field is set.

No comments:

Post a Comment