Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Fantasy Preview: Texas 4/6

As a part of my Interactive Multimedia 1 class, I had to start a blog on a topic of my choice that featured two posts per week (check it out here).  This will be my second regular weekly post for that page, so I'll feature it here as well.

I will be looking at my fantasy team each week in anticipation of that weekend's NASCAR Sprint Cup Series race.  I use Yahoo! Fantasy Auto Racing, so I'll be setting up my driver choices as Tier A, B and C.  So let's get started!

Tier A
Jimmie Johnson
Johnson has been so close to getting the win in the past few weeks.  He was outrun by Kurt Busch last week, and he had tire problems just laps from the finish in California, so he's going to be hungry to get his first victory of the season.

Bench: 
Kasey Kahne

Tier B
Ryan Newman
Newman has really surprised me at Richard Childress Racing this season.  He's been a lot stronger than I was expecting; maybe Stewart-Haas was holding him back.  I think Newman should run strong this weekend, and I wouldn't be surprised if he finishes in the Top 10.

Joey Logano
Photo courtesy Brian Lawdermilk/Getty Images
Logano has been extremely fast on the 1.5 mile tracks this season, so hopefully he'll do well this weekend.  He's been really good at the new qualifying procedures, so chances are good he'll pick up some fantasy points for a strong qualifying effort.

Bench:
AJ Allmendinger
Tony Stewart

Tier C
Austin Dillon
Dillon hasn't finished lower than sixth in all four Nationwide races he's driven at Texas.  He also ran both Sprint Cup races at Texas last season, so he has a lot of laps under his belt.  He's been strong every week this season, so I think he'll do well this weekend.  Don't be surprised if he's fighting for the win at the end of the race on Sunday.

Bench:
Kyle Larson

My pick to win the Duck Commander 500: Jimmie Johnson

Jimmie Johnson won the last race at Texas Motor Speedway. Will we see him return to victory lane this weekend? (Photo courtesy Jared C. Tilton/Getty Images)
That's all for this week!  Leave a comment below with what drivers are on your fantasy team this weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment