Monday, January 25, 2016

Top 10 Movies of 2016

2015 was a great year for movies, and 2016 looks to be just as good.  Below are the 10 movies I'm most looking foward to in the coming year, along with links to their IMDb pages.

10. Ratchet and Clank (April 29)
Growing up, I loved the Ratchet and Clank games.  I basically grew up with developer Naughty Dog, from Crash Bandicoot to Ratchet and Clank, and now with Uncharted and The Last of Us.  I am extremely excited about this movie, and it should be as fun to watch as it was to play.

9. Lights Out (July 22)
This movie is based on a short film from 2013.  I've seen it, and it's absolutely fantastic.  Light's Out is being produced by James Wan, who brought us Insidious and The Conjuring, so I'm sure this is going to be great.  To see the short, check out this link.

8. Gambit (October 7)
I love when an actor is passionate about a character, and passionate enough to keep pushing for a movie for years.  Channing Tatum is going to be great as Gambit, and I can't wait to see him up on the big screen.  Fox's X-Men universe is about to get a little bit bigger.  I'm not sure if this movie will actually come out this year, but I can definitely hope.

7. Rogue One: A Star Wars Story (December 16)
So this thing called Star Wars seems to be kind of a big deal?  This movie is the first non-numbered films to be put out by Disney.  Disney's idea is to have a new numbered film every two years, with little movies like these in the years between.  This one should be fun.

6. X-Men: Apocalypse (May 27)
The trailer for X-Men: Apocalypse looks awesome, and I'm sure I'll love it.  I loved First Class and Days of Future Past, so I expect this movie to be up there with both of those.  Let's hope they avoid the X-Men: The Last Stand debacle of the third movie in a trilogy being bad.

5. 31 (TBA)
I love Rob Zombie so much.  It's safe to say he's one of my favorite directors.  I love all the gross gore stuff in his movies, and this one looks just as good.  Clowns playing some weird murder games by kidnapping people and putting them in a carnival sounds like my kind of movie.

4. Doctor Strange (November 4)
Doctor Strange is one of the coolest Marvel characters in their comics, so bringing him to the big screen is pretty exciting.  It's going to be something completely different than any other Marvel movie yet, and I'm going to love it.  Plus, Benedict Cumberbatch is playing the Doctor.

3. The Conjuring 2 (June 10)
2016 is a good year for horror fans.  James Wan (Insidious, Lights Out) is taking us back to two of the most famous paranormal experts, the Warrens.  I'm excited for this, and the trailer looks awesome.  

2. Captain America: Civil War (May 6)
The next movie in the Marvel Cinematic Universe is coming up in May, and it's going to be a big one.  The movie will pit Iron Man against Captain America, and the two will split the other heroes in the world.  Plus, we've got some huge big-screen debuts in the movie: Black Panther and MCU Spider-Man!!

1. Deadpool (February 12)
Everyone knows my favorite hero is Spider-Man, but my second-favorite is Deadpool.  The Merc With a Mouth is making his big-screen re-debut (let's forget his "appearance" in X-Men Origins: Wolverine) around Valentine's Day, and it's going to be epic.  The movie is getting an R-rating, which is exactly what Wade Wilson deserves.  Plus, Ryan Reynolds has been pushing for this movie to be made for such a long time, it can only be fantastic.  Check out the red band trailer right here.  Definitely NSFW, but definitely awesome.

That's my list! Leave a comment below with the movies you're most looking forward to in 2016.

No comments:

Post a Comment