Friday, January 3, 2014

Top 10 Movies of 2014

Last year, I counted down the 10 movies I was looking forward to the most in 2013.  It was one of the most popular posts of the year, and it was exciting to look forward to all the movies coming out in 2013.  So I'm going to do it again this year, with my top 10 movies of 2014!  (Side note: all release dates are subject to change, and the dates are linked to each movie's respective IMDb page.)

10. Devil's Due (January 7)
This movie seems like a stupid horror movie that will probably be bad, but I'm in.  I love movies like this, and it looks pretty good.  Apparently some woman is going to give birth to the antichrist?  I'm not sure, but it sure will be fun.

9. The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 1(November 21)
I still haven't seen Catching Fire, but I love Jennifer Lawrence and I really liked the first one.  I'll see this one eventually, but I probably won't see it opening weekend or anything.

8. Captain America: Winter Soldier (April 4)
Captain America is my least favorite Avenger, but that won't stop me from seeing this opening weekend.  When this movie rolls around, Phase 2 will be winding down, and then we'll be one step closer to the Avengers: Age of Ultron in 2015.

7. 22 Jump Street (June 13)
I loved 21 Jump Street.  Channing Tatum is so funny, and he and Jonah Hill have a great chemistry together.  The trailer looks funny, and I'm excited for this movie to come out.  Very few movies made me laugh as hard as 21 Jump Street.

6. The Lego Movie (February 7)
A movie about legos.  What else could anyone want?

5. Guardians of the Galaxy (August 1)
I've been reading the new Guardians of the Galaxy series that started with Marvel NOW, and it's been pretty good.  I'm excited to add more stuff to the Marvel Cinematic Universe, and who doesn't love some Avengers in space?
This early promotional photo was released by Disney a few days ago.  Look! A talking Raccoon and a tree that sounds like Vin Diesel!
4. Godzilla (May 16)
I grew up watching Godzilla movies, and I think the world is ready for a new Godzilla.  I'm optimistic that it won't be as bad as Godzilla from 1998.  Just check out the trailer and tell me that isn't the most exciting thing you've ever seen.


3. The Hobbit: There and Back Again (December 17)
The Desolation of Smaug was awesome, and it left on such a cliffhanger that I can't wait for December to roll around to see Bilbo's adventure end.  Yeah, I already know how it ends, but the journey is the fun part.  I love Middle Earth.

2. X-Men: Days of Future Past (May 23)
I recently re-watched all the X-Men movies, and I'm really excited for this movie.  First Class was definitely one of the best X-Men movies, and this continuation will be great.  It won't follow the comic book, but that's fine by me.  Just give me a great action movie with some mutants.

1. The Amazing Spider-Man 2 (May 2)
I absolutely loved the Amazing Spider-Man, and I can't wait to see this movie.  I don't even care that the Rhino looks dumb, or the Green Goblin isn't Norman Osborne.  Spider-Man is my favorite comic book character, and the trailer made me a million times more excited for May.

There you have it!  Now that you've seen my Top 10, what movies are you most looking forward to in the coming year?  Leave a comment below with your picks!

No comments:

Post a Comment