Sunday, December 22, 2013

Best Christmas Albums

Around the holiday season, I start listening to all the Christmas music in my iTunes library.  And I figured I'd share my favorites from those 1000+ songs with all of you!


"Boogie Woogie Christmas" - Brian Setzer
This is one of the albums my dad shared with me when I was younger, and I still love it to this day.  This album is full of great swingin' songs, and I really love his rendition of "Jingle Bells."  The version of "The Nutcracker Suite" that's on this album is featured in a bunch of movies, including "Elf."




"Brad Paisley Christmas" - Brad Paisley
I have a bunch of country Christmas albums on iTunes, but this is definitely my favorite.  I love Paisley's guitar playing, and he really lets it shine during his instrumental rendition of "Jingle Bells."  He also shares a great duet with his 13-year-old self from the show Jamboree USA.  It's a pretty cool look back at where his career started.



"Christmas Cheers" - Straight No Chaser
I found Straight No Chaser a few years ago, and their two Christmas albums just blow me away every year.  This one is my favorite, and it includes a great song called "The Christmas Can-Can."    The last song on the album is their rendition of "The12 Days of Christmas," which is one of the best Christmas songs you'll ever hear.  Check it out at the end of this post.


"Christmas in the Aire" - Mannheim Steamroller
I love listening to Mannheim Steamroller around the holidays.  They have a few Halloween albums, but their five Christmas albums are where they really shine.  This album is my favorite, and their synthesizer music never sounded better.  If you haven't heard them, check them out.  I'm sure you won't regret it.



"Christmas with the Rat Pack" - Frank Sinatra, Dean Martin and Sammy Davis Jr.
This album is awesome.  While Sinatra and Martin have their own Christmas albums, this is the one to listen to.  These three really shine on this album, and it's always a treat to listen to Christmas classics sung by these three greats.



"25" - Chicago
Chicago has some of the best renditions of Christmas songs I've ever heard.  I like every song on this album, and I always look forward to this CD when it comes up in my playlist.



I hope you found something new to listen to this Christmas season, and I hope you enjoy them as much as I do.  Let me know what your favorite Christmas album is by commenting below!

And, as promised, here is Straight No Chaser's "12 Days of Christmas:"


No comments:

Post a Comment