Sunday, March 13, 2016

Kevin Harvick Wins at Phoenix

Originally written for CLNS Radio.

Kevin Harvick won the Good Sam 500 from Phoenix International Raceway on Sunday afternoon, beating Carl Edwards to the line in a photo finish.
 
Photo courtesy Jonathan Ferrey/Getty Images
Harvick, who has dominated at Phoenix in recent years, had a strong car during the race, but had to hold off Edwards following an overtime finish.  Harvick was able to beat Edwards to the line by .01 seconds.

Harvick said he knew Edwards would make it tough for him at the end of the race.

“I knew [Edwards] was better through 3 and 4, and that was not the car I wanted to see behind me,” Harvick said.  “I got up too high and I wasn’t able to stay on the bottom like I wanted to and he got into me, like he should have.”

“I knew…I was going to have to get into his door, and it worked, just barely.”

Edwards came within inches of picking up the victory, and he said he didn’t quite time his final move correctly.

“I thought I’d just move [Harvick] out of the way and get by, I just didn’t move him far enough,” Edwards said.  “I tried to side-swipe him before he got there, but I needed to be in front of his front tire.”

Unofficial results:
1. Kevin Harvick
2. Carl Edwards
3. Denny Hamlin
4. Kyle Busch
5. Dale Earnhardt Jr.
6. Kurt Busch
7. Matt Kenseth
8. Chase Elliott
9. Austin Dillon
10. Ryan Blaney
11. Jimmie Johnson
12. Kyle Larson
13. Aric Almirola
14. Martin Truex Jr.
15. Ty Dillon
16. Jamie McMurray
17. AJ Allmendinger
18. Joey Logano
19. Danica Patrick
20. Matt DiBenedetto
21. Greg Biffle
22. Kasey Kahne
23. Trevor Bayne
24. David Ragan
25. Landon Cassill
26. Michael McDowell
27. Brian Scott
28. Regan Smith
29. Brad Keselowski
30. Chris Buescher
31. Clint Bowyer
32. Joey Gase
33. Michael Annett
34. Josh Wise
35. Casey Mears
36. Cole Whitt
37. Ricky Stenhouse Jr.
38. Paul Menard
39. Ryan Newman

Photo courtesy Robert Laberge/Getty Images

No comments:

Post a Comment