Friday, June 6, 2014

Fantasy Preview: Pocono 6/8

This week, the Sprint Cup Series heads to my "home track" of Pocono Raceway!! Read on to see who I'm picking this weekend.

Tier A
Courtesy NASCAR via Getty Images
Jimmie Johnson
Johnson is always strong at Pocono, and that team is firing on all cylinders right now. It would be stupid not to start him following his back-to-back victories.

Bench:
Jeff Gordon

Tier B
Tony Stewart
Stewart is strong at Pocono, and he always seems to heat up during the summer months.  He'll need to heat up fast if he wants to get a win to make the Chase, so I expect him to surprise everyone this weekend with a very strong run.

Ryan Newman
Newman has had some solid runs this season, and I expect that to continue this weekend.  I wouldn't be surprised if he can reel off a top 10 this weekend.

Bench:
Paul Menard
Ricky Stenhouse Jr.

Tier C
Justin Allgaier
Again, I decided to save my Tier C drivers for a little later in the season, so I'm going with someone who hopefully won't finish last.  Allgaier can easily surprise everyone with a strong run, and hopefully he'll finish inside the Top 20.

Bench:
Travis Kvapil

My pick to win the Pocono 400...Tony Stewart
Courtesy Rainier Ehrhardt/Getty Images

Thanks for reading! Leave a comment below with the drivers you're picking this weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment