Thursday, January 7, 2016

Review: Top 10 Movies of 2015

At the beginning of the year, I counted down the top 10 movies I was most looking forward to in 2015.  Now that the new year has begun, I decided to look back at how great (or crappy) that list was, along with a quick little review about each movie and my personal IMDb rating.  Let's go!

10. Inside Out
Rating: 9/10
I really liked this movie.  It was really cute and I liked all the actors they casted for the characters.  This movie also gets bonus points for putting Lewis Black in a Disney movie.

9. Poltergeist
Ant-Man!
Rating: 8/10
I actually really liked this movie.  I saw it twice in theaters for some reason.  The only problem with the movie was that the family is completely unlikeable.  They're actually kind of giant dicks.  In fact, when everything starts going down, I realized that I didn't care about this family at all.  I bought the extended version when it came out because I was sure it would make me care about them.  Nope, still dicks.

8. Insurgent
Rating: 9/10
I thought this movie was really fun, and a good sequel to Divergent.  It took me awhile to see it, but I loved it once I did.  Maybe next year I'll actually see the new one in theaters.

7. Fantastic Four
Rating: 4/10
There are not enough words to describe how much I hated this movie.  I could easily pick apart the thrown-together story, the obvious re-shot scenes, the A-list actors phoning in their performances, and so on.  Instead, I will say one thing to Fox: please give the Fantastic Four back to Marvel.  This movie sucked hard.  I didn't pay to see this movie and I still wanted my money back. 

6. Friday the 13th
Rating: NA
Alright, I guess I jumped the gun on this one.  Now IMDb says it's coming out January 13, 2017.  I'll let you know.

5. Insidious: Chapter 3
Rating: 8/10
I loved this movie.  It was the scariest of all three Insidious films, and I loved every minute of it.  I especially liked the ending, but I won't spoil it here.  It was fun to see how Elise got involved with Tucker and Specs.

4. Jurassic World
Rating: 9/10
This movie was great.  It was a great return to the franchise, and it felt the same as the original.  Sure there were some major plot holes, but I'm willing to look past the fact that the Jeep from the original movie was able to start by just replacing the battery.  It was fantastic, and Chris Pratt can keep popping up in franchises because it works.  Plus the T-Rex from the original is a bonus.

3. Ant-Man
Rating: 10/10
BB-8 rolled his way into our hearts.
This movie was one of my favorite movies I saw this year.  No one believes me when I tell them it's one of my favorite Marvel movies, but it really is.  Sure, it's literally Iron Man with "Iron" replaced by "Ant," but it was great anyways.  Ant-Man is up there with Guardians of the Galaxy in my book.  I can't wait to see what Marvel does in the future with Scott Lang.

2. Avengers: Age of Ultron
Rating: 9/10
I don't know why, but I felt kind of "eh" after seeing this movie.  I still can't quite put my finger on what I didn't like about it, but there was just something that was holding it back for me.  I still loved it, and the death of [redacted for spoilers] was absolutely terrible.  But seriously, Civil War though.

1. Star Wars: The Force Awakens
Rating: 10/10
This movie was my favorite of 2015.  There was a ton of hype surrounding the movie, but it totally lived up to it.  I loved it so much, and I am going to see it more than a few times in theaters.  I went on opening night, and it was absolutely amazing.  See it if you haven't yet.  Plus it has BB-8!! I love that little ball droid so much. So, so much.

What did you think of my list? Be sure to stay tuned to the blog in the next few weeks for my Top 10 movies of 2016!

No comments:

Post a Comment